Levin Brothers Building - 1910
Located at the corner of Main Street and Mitchell Streets, this building was last used as a furniture store by the Levin brothers. Constructed in ca. 1900, it is a contributing structure to the Market and Main Street National Register Historic District. Working with the property owner, Cornerstones learned in the field how to stabilize a building without a roof and floors – structure steel beams were placed inside and outside the brick walls in order to allow for the roof and floors to be reconstructed. In 2009, a high wind storm blew the back off the building, reducing its footprint. Now the building has on-site parking dedicated to its future tenants. One of our Community Partnership buildings, money used to stabilize the structure – twice.
Mayfield Annex/ Elk Lodge
This property is owned by Hamilton County and formerly was used for county office space. Within the last several years, all but one office has relocated to the suburbs, leaving this impressive multi-story building underutilized. Originally built as a fraternal organization’s lodge, it still has great bones andit is understood that many of the original architectural features remain underneath dropped ceilings and carpeted floors. Just as important is the location of the building , it anchors the courthouse squares west corner.